PDA

View Full Version : Water pump impact red color ?

Ansontan
02-18-2011, 09:26 PM
Does it install water pump to have high water flow in the aquarium can impact red arowana color development ?

AZRUL
02-19-2011, 11:01 PM
Does it install water pump to have high water flow in the aquarium can impact red arowana color development ?
Hi Ansontan,
In my point of view, it depends on the pumping discharge rate, your water volume and the fish size normally at juvenile age.
Try to avoid too high water discharge pressure if possible. Make it just be moderate :)
Try not lead the fish to be stress, it may cause unhealthy to the fish.

mohamed_ali_j
03-07-2011, 10:39 AM

Never came across such theory but would also appreciate feedbacks..
We are here to learn..
Cheers mate..!!

mohamed_ali_j
03-07-2011, 10:46 AM
Hi Ansontan,
In my point of view, it depends on the pumping discharge rate, your water volume and the fish size normally at juvenile age.
Try to avoid too high water discharge pressure if possible. Make it just be moderate :)
Try not lead the fish to be stress, it may cause unhealthy to the fish.

Hi Bro AZRUL,
Can be a little more specific as to how high is too high?
My tank is 6 X 2.5 X 2.5 (957.95 litres / 253.43 gallons), what is the suitabe flowrate as not to stress the Reds?
My comm is a mixture of 6 incher Reds to 16 incher Reds.
Hope to get advise from you.
Cheers mate..!!

AZRUL
03-16-2011, 04:59 PM
For 6-8 feet tank setup I would reckon 2,500-3,000 litre per hour. Assume the pump capacity the height at 1.5-2 metre/ 6 ft. height and the dia. at 25mm (1/2inch). Water discharge from pump at single vertical discharge outlet.
As for in tank, just increase more with air stones/bubbles.