You want put advertisement here ? Contact Us at : support@indodragon.com WHATAPPS : +628129078529 !

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: White Tank Treament - is it real?

Registered Member
    Rep Point : 10

White Tank Treament - is it real?

Read about this WTT,something like to promote shinning scales fast...
    My question is - is the efffect temporary?
    I had visited a shop, while admiring a juvenile golden head, the owner says, " my fish no white tank treatment wan".
    So i wonder, was there any downside in case of white tank treatment ? If the fish shining scales very high as a result of WTT, will it be fake or temporary?

Thanks in advance for your input
    Last edited by SuperOngGolden; 04-12-2010 at 02:51 PM. Reason: forgot to say thank you

Rep Point : 452
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperOngGolden View Post
    Read about this WTT,something like to promote shinning scales fast...
    My question is - is the efffect temporary?
    .. was there any downside in case of white tank treatment ? .. will it be fake or temporary?
    For me don't waste your time, you must get 'paid' on what you're getting. I don't waste my time on WTT or to enhance made for 'rich' the intensity or any sense for a good expactation to get high coloration.
    I like a lady with a natural beauty, not with some make-up technique or hiding behind her ugliness/the truth of her beast look. :D
    Try to avoid the WTT.Weak gene involve in doing this. Cases 50-50%..you might loose or gain. Becareful..
    Last edited by AZRUL; 04-13-2010 at 11:53 PM.
    ROCK THE DRAGON

Arowana Lover
    bro azrul, mind to elaborate more on WTT good n bad side effects

A hidden technique to increase the intensity. Some hobbyist need to spend money to buy white tank fiber or paste white sticker/ oyama paper.
    WTT is also known as White Tank Tanning or Without True Tone. Its like a magic show, peoples are clapping hands when sees something miracle. But what do you think the magician will think? He will just laugh and happy in earning the money and make fool to the crowd. WTT until today does not prove anything can form higher scale level though increase the grade of arowanas.
    Until today, a release of a product for a such lamp type known as '24K Golden Arowana lamp'. So what is this kind of lamp try to improve for? Getting a 24K XB?
    Can RTG become Crossback with just WTT? I'm sure the answer is no. WTT does not compete with the genetics ever.
    I would the most important role was the gene of the fish.
    Based on the collective infos:
    Disadvantages:
    1. Remain for temporay. Intensity drop (1 - 2 weeks)
    2. Strong white tolerance will cause damage to pupil
    3. Contibute to DE (Drop eye).
    4. Golden pale/ Pale blue appearance, weak on rim scales performance.
    5. WTT does not apply to adult golden. Why this cannot continue? Because will look so ugly and weird :red:

I reckon for a solution. You have money or budget to buy crossback. Just go with 6th scale with full pearlies (chu). Don't buy XB inside White Tank.
    or
    You can buy the fish after 2 weeks transfer from White Tank. You can see th True Tone of the fish also the 'True Tone' of the seller.
    ROCK THE DRAGON

Rep Point : 19
    "You can see th True Tone of the fish also the 'True Tone' of the seller"

...Nice speech bro..I love this words

An addition with that,it is just a business strategy bro. Shopkeeper only this method believe can attract their belove customers. So they do the WTT like only 50-50 chances, win or loose money. No one know the truth about the fish quality until the fish grow adult.
    Like the Super Red, it does not involve in tank coloration (white tank). So the shopkeeper have to sell since juvenile without tanning anything. Don't be surprise you can be confuse between juvenile banjar and juvenile super red. :D
    However what if the golden arowanas does not involve in tank tanning method? You can be confuse again RTG/HB between XB. The shopkeeper also afraid to tell the truth or selling the fish with higher price.
    ROCK THE DRAGON

Arowana Lover
    thks for sharing this info.

too bad i had bought a big white tank, wonder can i still stick the oyama paper to my fiber tank with tank water inside. honestly, i don't really liked aro in white tank, my friend transfer his fishes into blue tank ( we have the same breed n farm) and turn out the fishes just look stunning.

now i know why two of my fishes have DE.

Registered Member
    Dear Bro Azrul - many thanks for the clarification, you sure sound like a real expert in this field.
    I was seriously looking into WTT before reading your reply, lucky.

Now I'm wondering if "extensive lighting'( strong lights for more than 12 hours/day) contribute to DE ( in a blue background tank) - I'm assuming lighting will promote crossing ?

Thanks

Bros, I'm not an expert. I'm just like a Robin Hood in this field. A Robin in this arowana world. But don't forget bro SuperOng..with ref. to your topic thread," White Tank Treatment - is it real ?" to answer this is Yes. It's real...peoples are doing it very rapidly. Just like a 'must' to every crossback. Why? One goal they are aiming. To get their golden crossed or at least can reach to 6th level very fast. Then they can declare their aros is crossback. What if not cross or fail to reach 6th level??..Then they will start to war with the supplier.
    Back to the basic again, I'm sure you all like and will be happy to have a crossback arowana. If you have a good budget, you can buy a crossback arowana with tag or come with the certificate from any well known farm. If not a bit lesser, buying crossback without certificate. At this stage go with the aro on a bit of 'sparking sign' on 6th scales level or with few pearl (chu) indications.
    Just play fair. Aro age can reach 20-40 years. Some aro are fast development, some aro do slow. Depends on its gene metric. Keep a good care to your aro and happy aro keeping.
    ROCK THE DRAGON

Indo Dragon Member
    Rep Point : 12
    Quote Originally Posted by arowana10 View Post
    thks for sharing this info.

too bad i had bought a big white tank, wonder can i still stick the oyama paper to my fiber tank with tank water inside. honestly, i don't really liked aro in white tank, my friend transfer his fishes into blue tank ( we have the same breed n farm) and turn out the fishes just look stunning.

now i know why two of my fishes have DE.
    then how you treat ur DE aro?? decrease water level and cover ur tank??

Arowana Lover
    i think all of us play a part in making lfs or aro farm owners to practice WTT for all their fishes eventhough their genes are proven top notch. u can just scroll through the arowana showoff thread and when aro farmers or traders took pic of their Full Helmet aro, all of us gives comments such as `Swee lah!!!', ` Kimkim!!!'...and some of us knows that all these aro already go through WTT and Tanning with low level water for weeks or months in order to get those effects!.....so, we cannot blame them lah...must blame all of us here.

while i have change the position of my lights and after about 3 weeks i see some difference though it still have slight DE but to me is not important as i am not going to participate in any aro competition mah!.hehe..as long as they are healthy and can breed then is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by arowana10 View Post
    i think all of us play a part in making lfs or aro farm owners to practice WTT for all their fishes eventhough their genes are proven top notch. u can just scroll through the arowana showoff thread and when aro farmers or traders took pic of their Full Helmet aro, all of us gives comments such as `Swee lah!!!', ` Kimkim!!!'...and some of us knows that all these aro already go through WTT and Tanning with low level water for weeks or months in order to get those effects!.....so, we cannot blame them lah...must blame all of us here.

while i have change the position of my lights and after about 3 weeks i see some difference though it still have slight DE but to me is not important as i am not going to participate in any aro competition mah!.hehe..as long as they are healthy and can breed then is fine.
    Well said bro.. :up::)
    ROCK THE DRAGON

Thread Information