You want put advertisement here ? Contact Us at : support@indodragon.com WHATAPPS : +628129078529 !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 15

Thread: Tanning light ?

  1. #1
    Indo Dragon Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Age
    37
    Posts
    89
    Rep Power
    6
    Rep Point : 16

    Tanning light ?

    Hi All,

    I want to know if there is a different between a UV tanning light and a Nan light?

    I want to buy a light for my Red Aro, and don't know which one to get.

    (A) NAN light from OTTOTO or
    (B) UV tanning light from Arcadia ??????

    Some said NAN lighrt just for viewing Aro, Its won't help the Aro to develop colour. Is this right ?

    Also,, have anyone usiing tanning light for X back ?

    please comment :)

  2. #2
    Scleropages farhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    563
    Rep Power
    5
    Rep Point : 67

    Lightbulb Tanning Red

    Mostly people use NAN light and TFC light is for viewing..
    For tanning can use 10000k Arcadia D3 and Sylvania..
    Good luck Bro..:up:

  3. #3
    Indo Dragon Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Age
    37
    Posts
    89
    Rep Power
    6
    Rep Point : 16
    thanks for your comment Farhan.

  4. #4
    Indo Dragon Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    KUCHING, SARAWAK
    Age
    32
    Posts
    43
    Rep Power
    0
    Rep Point : 12
    Hi all experts, may I know what type of light consider as tanning light? I'm currently using TFC & OTTOTO for my SR with 24HRS ON.

  5. #5
    Scleropages royeight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Lion City
    Age
    24
    Posts
    552
    Rep Power
    13
    Rep Point : 632
    im using the arcadia aro tanning light, result quite good!

  6. #6
    Arowana Lover g_abac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Bangkok
    Age
    28
    Posts
    164
    Rep Power
    9
    Rep Point : 174
    Base on my experienced, the combination between KOWA 12000K and KOWA 17000K are the best for tanning.

    But make sure that your fish big enough for tanning.

  7. #7
    Dragon aropunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    city of angel's
    Posts
    1,087
    Rep Power
    15
    Rep Point : 611
    Quote Originally Posted by g_abac View Post
    Base on my experienced, the combination between KOWA 12000K and KOWA 17000K are the best for tanning.

    But make sure that your fish big enough for tanning.
    hi bro, hows ur munjul red...
    i wish, could see new update pictures or video:hand::up:
    kowa? not familiar brand in my country:D
    May AroForce Be With You:boss:

  8. #8
    Arowana Lover g_abac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Bangkok
    Age
    28
    Posts
    164
    Rep Power
    9
    Rep Point : 174
    Quote Originally Posted by arofanatics View Post
    hi bro, hows ur munjul red...
    i wish, could see new update pictures or video:hand::up:
    kowa? not familiar brand in my country:D

    Hi brother.

    KOWA was a familiar brand for plant aquarium in JAPAN. They outsourcing my local manufacturer to produce and only sold back to them. But I ... from my friend. ^_^



    I move him to a new aquarium (144" x 40" x 40"). nisashon.com : ผลงานข*งทางร้าน
    This aquarium need long period for filter and environment set up. I will update with full version soon. :011:

    I got a new concept that broke conventional arowana keeping. :red:
    Last edited by g_abac; 09-14-2009 at 11:03 AM.

  9. #9
    Arowana Fanatic Moonriver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    58
    Posts
    263
    Rep Power
    10
    Rep Point : 266
    Quote Originally Posted by g_abac View Post
    Hi brother.

    KOWA was a familiar brand for plant aquarium in JAPAN. They outsourcing my local manufacturer to produce and only sold back to them. But I ... from my friend. ^_^



    I move him to a new aquarium (144" x 40" x 40"). nisashon.com : ผลงานข*งทางร้าน
    This aquarium need long period for filter and environment set up. I will update with full version soon. :011:

    I got a new concept that broke conventional arowana keeping. :red:
    Is your new concept a secret ?. or you can share ?.

  10. #10
    Dragon aropunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    city of angel's
    Posts
    1,087
    Rep Power
    15
    Rep Point : 611
    Quote Originally Posted by g_abac View Post
    Hi brother.

    KOWA was a familiar brand for plant aquarium in JAPAN. They outsourcing my local manufacturer to produce and only sold back to them. But I ... from my friend. ^_^

    I move him to a new aquarium (144" x 40" x 40").
    This aquarium need long period for filter and environment set up. I will update with full version soon. :011:

    I got a new concept that broke conventional arowana keeping. :red:

    wow...awesome tank, so huge. im eager to see your new concept bro, hope u sharing with us here:011:. awaiting your soonest update pics, all the best for your munjul class arowana.

    thanks for the info & reply bro
    May AroForce Be With You:boss:

  11. #11
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    0
    Rep Point : 10
    Quote Originally Posted by g_abac View Post
    Base on my experienced, the combination between KOWA 12000K and KOWA 17000K are the best for tanning.

    But make sure that your fish big enough for tanning.
    Hi bro, may I know how big the aro have to be so that I can start tanning it ? Pls advice, thank you

  12. #12
    Dragon REDCLOUD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,711
    Rep Power
    15
    Rep Point : 693
    Quote Originally Posted by AussieDragon View Post
    Hi All,

    I want to know if there is a different between a UV tanning light and a Nan light?

    I want to buy a light for my Red Aro, and don't know which one to get.

    (A) NAN light from OTTOTO or
    (B) UV tanning light from Arcadia ??????

    Some said NAN lighrt just for viewing Aro, Its won't help the Aro to develop colour. Is this right ?

    Also,, have anyone usiing tanning light for X back ?

    please comment :)
    Tanning usually done for reds. Tanning your Xback may cause the top most layer to not cross.... so you sure your want to tan a Xback mate?

    Look up White Tank Treatment (WTT), I think that is what you need.

    Nan lights for reds. Yes for viewing and tanning. Tanning just mean exposing the aro to intense lighting for a prolong period of time. Making the pigments darker hence the red look more colorfull.

    There are side effects to tanning so please do more research before proceeding.
    Last edited by REDCLOUD; 10-30-2012 at 08:05 PM.
    I AM ONLY HERE TO LEARN.:upset:

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. brother dont like light??? stress out....
    By mrboon in forum General Arowana Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-20-2009, 11:46 PM
  2. Question about tanning arowana
    By liubei98 in forum General Arowana Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 09-01-2008, 12:17 PM
  3. Nan light & uv light
    By Redline in forum Others Trade & Promotion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-30-2008, 01:21 PM
  4. Position Of Tanning Light
    By Draco84 in forum Arowana Show Off
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-02-2008, 08:30 PM
  5. light for pg
    By junaidi in forum School of Water and Tank Management
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-11-2006, 02:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •